top of page
  • Why choose Tana Training?
    Our training staff has over 60 years’ of combined experience in the industry. All our trainers hold the relevant industry standards and NZ National Certificate Adult Education standards. We provide a very inclusive and safe environment for akonga / learners and real-world experience for practical assessments. We are committed to akonga / learner well-being and their safety very seriously.
  • What is the ratio of classroom (theory) and practical training and assessment duration?
    Depending on the course, akonga / learner will spend at least 30% of their course time in a classroom and theory assessments, while the remainder of time will be utilised in delivering practical training and assessments.
  • Is there a safe parking space at your premises?
    Absolutely. Once you enter the Tana Training yard there is plenty of onsite parking space available along the wooden fence. Please park responsibly and do not block the main yard entrance for safety of all.
  • What do I need to bring to the course?
    Please bring a pen, notebook and highlighter. For practical training and assessments please ensure appropriate steel capped boots and hi-vis are worn when using vehicles, plant and/or equipment. We will supply course materials and the equipment needed for practical assessments and if needed hi vis vests (which will be collected at the end of each day). Tea and coffee will be provided.
  • How are the courses assessed?
    All courses are internally assessed and include theory and practical component assessments. All theory assessments (except for Forklift F Endorsement) are open book. If you are not satisfied with the trainer/assessor judgement you have a right to appeal. Your assessor will advise you of the process.
  • What about pre-existing medical conditions?
    All our courses require a level of fitness from the akonga / learner to be able to demonstrate competency, especially in the practical outcomes required. Please inform Tana Training, either when booking the course or first thing on the course day, if there are any special requirements you may have that we may be able to assist you with. Tana Training endeavors to be inclusive and supportive in its training and assessment services. You are required to provide contact details of who to contact in event of an emergency.
  • I have a complaint, how do I go about submitting my complaint?
    If the complaint is regarding the outcome of your assessment please discuss this with your assessor in the first instance. If you are still not happy with the decision you can contact the Training and Compliance Manager at Tana Training Limited. You will need to provide your complaint in writing with all the details. You may request a complaint form from us. We will acknowledge your complaint or appeal in writing, including the outcome. . If you are unsatisfied with the outcome you may have your concern dealt with by an independent person or panel which can include a person of your choice. You will have an opportunity to formally present your case and you will be given a written statement of the relevant outcomes, including reasons for the decision. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome, you can raise your concerns with NQZA, more information can be found at
  • Can I enrol if I am an international student?
    No, under our current NQZA registration we only enroll domestic students.
  • How long is each course?
    Depending on the course it can be 1 or 2 days. Check your course ticket and note the details of the course duration.
  • What time do your courses start?
    Our courses start at 8am and we aim to finish by 4pm. Reporting time is 7.45 am. If you are running late please inform our administration office on 09 236 3805
  • How will I be charged and when do I need to pay?
    You will be issued with an invoice for your course fees with the booking confirmation. Course fees have to be paid on or before the course start date. Course fees can only be paid by direct bank transfer (bank details provided on the invoice).
  • I am confirmed for a course starting next week (or today) and I cannot come. What should I do?
    Partial refunds are at the discretion of Tana Training Limited and will be considered for reasons of personal circumstances beyond the candidates control of which Tana Training Limited reserve the right to request supporting documentation as proof of circumstance. Tana Training Limited will refund up to 50% of the course fees (minus $100 administration fee) to successful applicants. All course fee(s) paid will be refunded no later than the 20th of the month following notice of your cancellation.
  • I am confirmed for a course starting in a few weeks and I would like to cancel my participation. What should I do?
    All course fees are fully refundable up until 30 days prior to commencement of training. If a student should withdraw from a course between 8 and 20 days prior to the course start date, a $50 administration fee will be charged. If you withdraw from a course 7 days or less prior to the course start date, no refund will be given. If a learner withdraws from a course prior to its completion for reasons other than those related to occurrences that were beyond their control, then Tana Training Limited will offer a maximum of 30% refund.
  • Student Support Information and Code of Practice for Domestic Students
    We at Tana Training consider safety and wellbeing of its akonga / learner students very seriously. In particular, the following: The School Leaver Toolkit provides advice and resources on tertiary education, moving out of home, getting a job, money and tax, and taking care of self and others. New Zealand Government website has information for akonga / learner regarding financial help available for them, and where to get budgeting help. Also, click on student handbook to download a copy. NZQA has released a series of videos outlining what support people can expect for their wellbeing and safety while undertaking tertiary study. Watch the videos here.
bottom of page